Vegan yoghurt can be really damn expensive! But you can easily make it yourself, and the benefit is that you actually know what is in it.
Serving: About 1,5 L
2 L Soy milk
2 tsp Milk acid bacteria/probiotics
- Pour the soymilk into a pot, and heat it up until it’s lukewarm, then take the pot off the heat.
- Add in the pro-biotics and whisk it in.
- Put the milk in a big mason jar.
- You want the milk to stay lukewarm a little longer, so wrap up the jar in a towel or blanket, and let it rest until you can see the milk has thickened and has separated some water. This takes around 24 hours, maybe a little longer, depending on how hot or cold it is.
- Now drain the water from the yogurt. You can use a clean dishtowel or whatever you got, as long as it’s clean. Or very carefully pour the water from the yogurt!
It will get sourer when you put it in the fridge.